Thursday, March 28, 2013

Bento Lunch

Usually my daughter buys hot lunch at her school. They offer a pretty good variety and lots of healthy options. I am happy to know that they make all the food there in the school and use mostly fresh ingredients. Does my daughter actually eat all those healthy options, I highly doubt it; but they're offered.

Today though she didn't like what was on the menu and needed me to make her a quote "yummy lunch, like you make LittleMan". LittleMan is pretty darn picky so I have started making him Bento Box lunches, since I bit the bullet and bought this lunch box. I LOVE this lunch box and all it's little compartments and especially that it does not leak! The only bad thing about it is that it does not fit in any of the lunch box carriers we have except for a Lulu Lemon bag. Yes they sell bags on the site as well, but sorry those just don't fit our ascetics. Maybe I will get crafty and make one, one day. But until then the kids are happy to sport any bag that carries this treasure trove of treats.

I don't get crazy with making faces on the sandwich and rose carrot curls but I do try to offer a variety of yummyness. So here is what she ate today.

Bento Lunch Box
  • Broccoli Slaw with Garlic Expressions Dressing
  • Red Seedless Grapes
  • Roast Chicken with Pepper and Garlic Salt on Homemade Buttermilk Bread
  • Plain Greek Yogurt with Honey and Strawberries
  • Robins Eggs (#1 Easter candy in our house)

Was it my best effort? Maybe not, but she has some healthy options to choose or ignore.

Linked at http://www.bentolunch.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment