Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A Weekend in Pictures


This weekend brought more snow. I wont lie I really love the snow. I mean if it is going to be cold it might as well be snowing, right? But at this particular time we are all snowed out. I have run out of ideas to keep the kids occupied indoors. The wide age range (10,4 &1) which usually is not a bother becomes a bother when you are stuck inside. Little legos can't be used, art activities become harder, baby shows are no fun, and constant bickering of wanting alone time. We did trek outside for a little bit and walk around, walk the dogs and such. But again the age difference played a part, the one year old while he would love to be outside all day long, was frozen stiff and needed to defrost inside. Even thru a large protest I knew he had to come in and I left the other two out to freeze for a bit longer. 



Inside it was more of this...Is my house the only one that is a wreck at all moments of the day? If I had my life together more maybe I would have done some projects that need to get done around the house. But every time the weekend comes and I start to get motivated. I just want to sit on the floor and play with the kids and do absolutely nothing at all. I work all week I just want to relax on the weekend. 


So when stuck inside, mom eats. Like pesto and sriracha on eggs. And perfect surf and turf with Parmesan peas. I can't get enough of Mister's little hands on that perfectly cooked new york strip! He loves him some meat and peas.  


My new addiction is these little bad boys, edemame. Whole food sells them already shelled and boiled in salt. They are like the perfect snack or protein addition to any salad!


I'm sure I could think of something more substantial to say, but I will leave that for tomorrow. Today I just want to look at pretty pictures eat some yummy food and think about the weekend, again. I will work on getting some better inside ideas for this weekend. Although the forecast shows a balmy 45 degrees headed our way! Whew what a heat wave. hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment