Friday, February 7, 2014

Enjoy Your Weekend Less Links More Pics


This is weird to talk about here but I need to vent for a second. All of a sudden things have gotten tight with our budget. We and by that I mean me, are usually very good savers and for some reason I let our budget get away from me at the end of last year. We also had some unusual expenses pop up; new roof, some orthodontics, and well life in general. I guess it was just us feeling a bit comfortable and me not being the crazy saver. Also my son is at a new school this year that is basically double what we were paying last year..I don't think I adjusted our monthly budget correctly and well here we are breaking into the savings a little bit to cover everything. Not the end of the world but man do I hate to use it. I LOVED having that huge nest underneath me and now it is dwindling. We have other investments and money coming in. I am just complaining I guess. Tighten things up a bit and then move on, no big deal right :) It's the snows fault.

Happy Freaking Friday! See even the kids need a hand up, sometimes.

Links and Pics: 

I need to exerciser my patients more when raising my Bubbie. I can see in him already a tendency to lash out at people when he is angry or doesn't understand something or can't do something or isn't getting his way. I fear that maybe this is in part to my lack of patience with him sometimes, being the middle child, Kiddo is so easy and Mister hogs my attention?


Lemon, Butter chicken, freaking delicious and so easy! 


My daughter and my socks never match, but she takes it to a whole new level. 


Plate is half veggies and liquid fruit counts right?


Being able to butcher my own meat is awesome. $50 beef tenderloin broke down into 12 steaks, stir fry meat and scraps for broth equals 4 meals at 14.50 for filet minion!


We got Bubbie a strider when he was 2.5 and he was riding by 3.5 easy no problem, no training wheel transition. Now mister has been walking this bike around the house at 1.5...will he ride sooner, is he the next big BMX rider? Maybe but for now he whines and grunts a lot until we let him ride. 


Kale chips, the one veggie Bubbie does not complain about eating. Wash well, dry better, remove stems, cut into bit size pieces, really and I mean really cover with olive oil (get your hands in there and rub each piece to make sure it is covered), we do garlic salt and lime juice then back in the oven at 400 for about 30 minutes but watch them. Also make sure each leaf has it's own space, don't just pile them on a tray or you will have soggy chips, which no one likes. 

Enjoy the weekend, I am making these cookies sometime soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment