Thursday, January 16, 2014

Contridictions


 My husband brought it to my attention that when you read my blog that maybe you would think we are a super granola/hippie family that only drinks from glasses, never uses the microwave, recycles everything even our pee, and basically live off of sticks and berries. Reality check...that is no where near the case.
















We buy processed food, we have thrown away cardboard, my kids eat candy and stay up too late some nights, I buy premade items and I give into the chicken nugget craving. We are not the perfect family in any way shape or form. I don't think any family is. We are all just trying to make little changes in our life for the better.
















I know that eating fruits and veggies is good for us, so I do my best to serve good food around the house. But my husband and I both work 8-5 and neither of us is making millions so time and money is tight. We have to make accommodations where we can, shortcuts. The is sort of where the whole Juice Plus+ kick came from, it was an easy way to bridge the gap between what we SHOULD eat and what we DID eat. It also became a catalyst for me to start researching more about what we were putting into our bodies and learning about all the trendy words I was hearing in the news; GMOs, processed, antioxidants, blah, blah, blah OMG everything is killing us! For at least 24hrs I was sure that I was giving my whole family cancer because I made boxed mac & cheese for dinner and they ate hot dogs.

After the hubs talked me down off the mountain of worry, I went back to my favorite virtue; temperance. "Everything in moderation is good for you" So no that is not a direct quote from Mr. Ben Franklin but I like to think it was what he was getting at. It's ok that we are not perfect, it's ok that we eat badly sometimes...we just can't do it ALL the time. We needed to make changes and as you will read here we are slowly but surely doing that. Adding more variety to the fruits and vegetables we do eat and trying to cut out all the so called bad stuff and try some so called good/health stuff.


So I apologize for the long post and I hope the random pictures help make up for it, but I just wanted you to be aware that we eat like crap some days and I will contradict myself a hundred times before this blog is over. We are working on being better over here and I hope you are too, but it takes time.

Here's to pretending I am healthier then I really am and maybe it becoming a reality ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment