Monday, January 6, 2014

Pat Yourself on the Back Every Once in Awhile

So my first Juice Plus+ party was a raging success! Thanks in big part to my husbands family for showing up completely last minute.

Basically the short story is, only two good friends were going to be able to make my first party :( huge disappointment; I just chose an inconvenient date. But low and behold the hubs family stepped up to the plate to be my guinea pigs while I practiced my speech. It was perfect, easy, and comfortable as I am still learning all the information about JP+. They had great feed back of how I can improve and what information to stress and what to glaze over. I feel proud to be able to call them my family. I need to practice more for sure, but it was nice to know that I wasn't too salesy. The information that I had to share on healthy living was something everyone wanted to hear. I was helping just by sharing my knowledge even if they don't choose to sign up for JP+ at least now they know.

The menu went off with almost no hitches. The apple cinnamon roll ups went thru many different stages in my head of how to prepare and the final result while delicious turned my house into a smokey mess. I thought about just rolling an apple slice up in dough, making mini hand pies and well here is what I did...
Cut up two honeycrisp apples (because that is what I had on hand) and roasted them in half a stick of butter, juice from a whole lemon, a dash of salt, a good covering of cinnamon and three heaping tablespoons of brown sugar.

Made a double batch of my easy peasy pie crust. I rolled mine out pretty thin and I think next time I would keep it thicker; you could easily sub out store bought pie crust. Lay out the crust and spread out the other half of that stick of butter (make sure it is super soft and rub the pie crust down with it), lay out the apples, another covering of cinnamon and a sprinkle of  white sugar. Roll them up nice and tight!

Slice about an inch thick and lay out on a baking sheet. Side note, use a sheet with sides to contain the delicious juice/caramel that is about to pour out of these rolls. Mine spilled out all over the oven and made a huge mess :(

Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes or just watch until they are golden brown. Verdict: Phenomenal!!!

Also made some ham and chive, crustless quiches, easy!

It was a great spread and wonderful company. I even made a sale or three :) all in all a very successful first party. I was so happy to share my love of healthy eating with people I love! 




Remember healthy living starts at home. When you cook at home you know what you are putting in your body.

Linked up at:
 http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment