Friday, January 17, 2014

Enjoy Your Weekend


This week has been the longest week ever and yet some how went by super fast. Kiddo has been bogged down with homework and the tests in fifth grade keep getting harder. In fact she had to make her first "cheat sheet" card this week. I so remember doing these in high school and writing so small, to fit as much as you could on the card and then maybe using it once or twice during the test. Those teachers are sneaky in their secret ways to get you to study. Well with volleyball, soccer, tutoring, homework and studying the kids have all been up later then usual. The hubs and I were joking that we miss them going to bed early as that 8-10 hour was OUR time; now it is filled with THEIR time. Even thru all the hustle and bustle of life, we at least have JP+ to nourish our bodies.


Links to pass the time...

Bubbie is my number one picky eater but I am whittling him down with consistency; this is dinner, eat it and like it or starve.

Sometimes I think it would cool to be a vegan, then I remember bacon.

Nutrition and growth go hand in hand.

Brought tears to my eyes, I remember this feeling when I first had kiddo almost 11 years ago...

Why do kids cover their eyes when hiding?

And parenting advice from my two favorite ladies, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler.

Variation on the Green Chili Stew, add avocado :)




Maybe have a date night this weekend, even if it's snuggled up on the couch!

No comments:

Post a Comment